After presenting the new Olympus OM-D E-M10 and the bridge with telescopic sight, it’s time for the new Olympus TG-850, a very resistant camera.
The new Olympus TG-850 is resistant to up to 2.1-meter falls, pressure of up to 100 kilograms; it can be submerged up to 10 meters and can comfortably work at temperatures of -10ºC. It also comes with an ultra wide lens with 5x zoom, equivalent to 21-105mm, becoming the camera with the widest lens among the Tough cameras. It also features a 180-degree folding LCD screen.
The new Olympus TG-850 will be available in March and it will cost 299€. It will come in black, white and silver.
Its wide back grip makes it comfortable to use, and the FAST AF autofocus system and TruePic VII processor guarantee the best image quality in all of your pictures. The new Tough allows you to shoot in intervals and it can record Full HD video at 60p. It’s compatible with FlashAir memory cards (with wireless features) so you can connect your camera to any Smartphone or your computer to wirelessly transfer your pictures.
Its optical stabilization system gets rid of camera shake. This system is based on the systems found in reflex cameras. Also, the 16-megapixel backlit CMOS sensor along with the TruePic VII processor guarantee the best possible image quality under any circumstance. The iHS technologies also ensure the best results and performance (max. 6400 ISO).
- Water-resistant to 10 meters
- Withstands drops from 2.1 meters
- Pressure rated up to 100 kg
- Resistant to temperatures down to -10 ° C
- Ultra 5x optical zoom (equivalent to 21-105mm)
- Reversible LCD screen (3.0-inch 460,000-dot resolution)
- Shot at intervals.
- Full HD at 60p.
- Compact and lightweight body made of aluminum.
- Optical Image Stabilizer.
- TruePic image processor VII.
- 16 Megapixel CMOS sensor backlit.
- FAST AF
- Art Filters.
- Sequential shooting at 7.1 fps, VGA / HVGA (TBD)
- iHS: ISO max. 6400
- S-macro 1cm – 10cm